Follow a Case

Jeff is Unable to Pay the Citation

The courts will sometimes agree to payment plans depending on the circumstances of an individual case.

Sometimes a person would like to admit they are guilty of an infraction, but do not currently have the money to pay the full cost of the citation.

Jeff can go to the courthouse and let the court clerk know that he is having a hard time finding the money to pay the full cost of his citation. He can request a payment plan - known as a "deferred payment agreement" — from the court.

Although deferred payment agreements may not be available in every case, if Jeff's request is granted, he would be allowed to set up a payment plan. He would sign a deferred payment agreement and would agree to pay a $2.00 fee to the court, which is distributed to the county, for each partial payment he makes.

Empty Wallet

Read the Court Rule

Learn more about the official rules regarding deferred payment agreements.


Or, Follow One of These Paths